Vision, Mission, and Core Values
In support of the instructional, educational and research goals of Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE), the Business Center North Purchasing Department (BCN Purchasing) will provide the NSHE community with quality, cost-effective and expedient procurement services. These services are rendered with professional, ethical, and courteous principles in accordance with federal, state, and NSHE regulations and guidelines.
The department is responsible for all processes involving acquisition of equipment, supplies, construction, maintenance-repair services, contractual services, leases, solicitations, and vendor selection. Other Purchasing functions include: preparing budget estimates, preparing bid specifications, initiating formal quotations, processing proposals and bids, conducting public bid openings, evaluating and awarding bids, monitoring the administration of contracts until final completion or termination, and managing fixed assets.
Provide leadership and guidance to the NSHE Business Center North community as a strategic partner, providing innovative solutions that support the NSHE’s goals and objectives.
The role of BCN Purchasing is to support all NSHE campuses by applying our core values and expertise to assist customers with purchasing, contracting, and asset management responsibilities. BCN Purchasing partners with NSHE constituents and suppliers to provide collaborative, innovative, and leading-edge practices that deliver high quality, significant value, and excellent customer service.
BCN Purchasing advises NSHE leadership on important procurement and asset management issues and is a proactive source for critical supplier and market information. We coordinate and streamline procurement activity across all institutions to leverage economies of scale and limit variability in cost and quality for goods and services.
BCN Purchasing continuously adapts to emerging technology, evolving supply chain issues, and changing economic conditions. Our priorities include customer service, value creation, process improvement, technology enhancement, and innovative solutions that best serve the NSHE community.
We are committed to the following core values and strive to deliver a best-in-class program for the NSHE. Success is driven by:
- Customer Service: We are a service organization committed to providing customers with efficient processes and tools that maximize value in the areas of procure-to-pay and asset management.
- Collaboration: We serve a wide range of customers including faculty, staff, students, suppliers, and the public. We are all part of the NSHE community and through collaboration, outreach, and education, we work together as one team to understand requirements and develop solutions that optimize value and mitigate risk.
- Accountability: We take ownership of and responsibility for our actions.
- Value Creation: We recognize that value comes in more forms than cost savings and we measure it accordingly.
- Innovation: We have a responsibility to continuously challenge our suppliers and our processes to improve the quality of products and services we deliver. We are leaders in developing and implementing solutions that enhance the customer experience and facilitate innovative thinking through strategic supplier partnerships.
- Expertise: We provide subject matter expertise to our customers in the areas of purchasing, contracting, and asset management so they can focus on their core responsibilities.
- Transparency: We provide open access to competitive opportunities, and timely access to policies, procedures, and records, while exercising discretion in the release of confidential information.
- Diversity: We seek to build business relationships between qualified minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned, and small business enterprises and the NSHE. We strive to identify opportunities and to encourage a ever-more diverse supplier base creating more competition while maximizing resources and strengthening economic development.